ADIDAS WOMEN'S CHALLENGE
The ADIDAS Women's Challenge is a 5 kilometres race that consists of thousands of women running, jogging or walking to the finish line. Over the years thousands of women have risen to the challenge and surprised not just their friends and family but themselves too.
Those who have never run before will be amazed how easy it is to do. You don't have to be ultra-fit to become part of this incredible day. Of course, at the head of the field is a hotly contested elite race. These are world class athletes - but behind them is the serious business of thousands of ordinary women of all ages shapes and sizes running, jogging or just walking the distance.
What will the ADIDAS Women's Challenge do for you? Flora has always been committed to the health of you and your family. By participating in this race women will have new goals for fitness in their lives. Once you take the first steps to fitness you will be amazed at what you can achieve. Just remember ...
- The first step to take is the hardest. Make a commitment to taking exercise - be it running, walking (a mixture of both is great), swimming or cycling - and stick to it
- Set yourself achievable goals. Your goal could be anything from completing the course, to flying past the Olympic champion on the home straight in record breaking time. It's up to you!
- This one is important - get into a routine. Set aside specific days and times to exercise and - within reason- don't miss them. Little and often is the key
- Exercise with friends' it will motivate the group to keep up a routine and not let each other down. A shared experience is always more enjoyable
- Don't do too much too soon. If you are a beginner, start with walking and gradually mix in running over several weeks
- Be safe! Run with friends, never in the dark, lonely or deserted areas and, if running at night, make sure you can be seen by wearing light coloured or reflective clothing
- Vary your exercise programme. Change your route and scenery and mix with other aerobic activities to ensure that you have fun!
- Have more fun after your run!
For more information on how you can get involved with the ADIDAS Women's Challenge please contact us!